Our Care Approach
Planning each service user’s mental healthcare and rehabilitation programme begins prior to admission, enabling them to start progressing towards recovery and move-on from the day they join us.
- On receiving a referral, we make a detailed assessment of the individual’s needs, drawing on the case history provided by the referring organisation and including a full breakdown of costs.
- Working alongside the multi-disciplinary care team, we draw up a care plan that is agreed with the service user and is regularly reviewed and updated. This plan forms our key tool to monitoring recovery and well-being and assessing the service user’s readiness to move on to supported living or their own home.
- We provide fortnightly reports to referrers for new admissions and monthly reports on all service users, monitoring progress and measuring outcomes against care plan requirements and identifying areas where additional or alternative therapies may be required.
- On admission, each service user is allocated a key worker who is responsible for implementing their care plan on a day-to-day basis. The key worker is a trained health educator who acts as an advocate for the service user.
- For service users assessed as able to work, the key worker and home manager will assist with job applications and advise on interview techniques. Where a service user gains employment, we monitor work attendance and mentor work performance, liaising with employers.
- Where a service user is assessed as needing employability skills, we arrange appropriate vocational training at a local college or with specialist training providers.
- For service users not yet able to work, we organise structured daytime programmes. Specific therapies, delivered by Cascade Care’s trained staff or in partnership with external agencies, are determined by individual need.
- We maintain an open door policy at all our homes for visits by mental healthcare practitioners, social workers, probation officers, family members and friends.
- Our home managers administer medication under strict controls and each home has links to GPs registered to administer Clozapine.
For more information about Cascade Care services or to make a referral, please contact us.''